Summer travel with a child's illness
As many of you will know from first-hand experience, traveling with children, in general, can be a difficult situation, but travelling with a child who has a serious illness can be an even bigger challenge.
Whether you have a holiday planned abroad or if you will be travelling closer to home, we have compiled a top tips list of how you can prepare for your summer holiday’s travel:
- Take lots of water so everyone can stay hydrated
- Bring snacks and games to keep your children preoccupied
- Bring ice pops, mini fans and hats from the freezer to keep cool
- Take regular breaks, and if very hot, only travel if necessary!
-Keep the child's medical supplies in a bag nearby to prevent or decrease a stressful emergent situation
- Make sure to bring sick bags
- Travel with more than 1 adult, so that responsibility can be evenly shared.
- Above all, enjoy your time together and be sure to try and laugh as much as possible. Summer travel can and should be fun and advance preparation is key!